So, you’ve decided on moving home and are now getting it ready for sale, but you might be somewhat startled to be told that right now is the perfect time to do some decorating! And yes, the idea of spending your valuable time and money on a building that you are hoping to part with does sound rather unappealing.
But, logically speaking, it will definitely help you push the price up and make the home more aesthetically attractive to any potential buyers and real estate agents alike. If you need to sell your house quickly, here’s some advice on making your property into an attractive commodity.
- The exterior of the building is the first thing that people see, so it should be as attractive as possible. You will sell your house much faster by tidying up the front lawn, repairing chipped paintwork, buying a new mailbox, and ensure that all outdoor lights work. These minor details will make a big difference to any potential buyers.
- As you are doing this, contact trustworthy and reliable estate agents in Colchester, who will have the experience on how to professionally negotiate any offers, and will assist you through the whole process.
- When selling a house, a list price that is too high to begin with can put off any would be buyers that would otherwise have an interest in your house.
- Plus, should the listing price be too low, you can lose money and waste time as some buyers may offer you even lower prices that you just won’t be ready to accept. With an experienced and trustworthy real estate agent, he or she will provide you with an accurate analysis of your home’s real worth.
Neat and Tidy
- Make sure that everything is as clean and organised as possible. Unnecessary clutter only makes rooms look unattractive and also makes them look smaller.
- Try disposing of things like empty boxes and other unwanted items and things you know you’re never going to use again. A few family pictures look good, and can even inspire visitors, but a mantle full of pictures, holiday souvenirs, and stuff just makes it look messy.
- Make sure that bath and washbasin are whiter than white, the taps are shining, and the rooms have a great fresh smell about them.
- With some great redecorating, you can definitely make a faster sale of your home than you can dream of.
- Rooms that are a little too bright or intense can work against you, due to a potential buyer thinking about how much work must be done to alter the decor. So, If possible, repaint any room(s) in softer colours and move furniture around so that the room is displayed at very best.
And remember that nothing will help you in selling your home faster than displaying a positive attitude, and even if you hate the place, concentrate on the best parts and memories, and your visitors will respond likewise.